The Nature Conservancy (TNC) and the Medford District Bureau of Land Management (BLM) are sponsoring free guided hikes at the Table Rocks.
Hikes are FREE but reservations are required. Space is limited. Register online (link follows the info for each hike) or call the Medford District BLM at 541.618.2200, M-F 7:30 am – 4:00 pm.
Hikes are 3-5 miles roundtrip along a moderate grade trail and generally last 3-5 hours. Dress for the weather and bring drinking water (none is available at the site) and lunch or a snack. Restrooms are available at the trailhead. No dogs, mountain bikes or OHVs are allowed on the trail.
- Early Wildflowers – Saturday, April 9, 9:00 am – Upper Table Rock: Marcia Wineteer, botanist at the BLM will lead a hike to explore and enjoy the valley’s beautiful native flora and wildflowers of Table Rocks. Limited to 15 individuals. http://earlywildflowers.eventbrite.com
- Wildflowers Abound – Sunday, April 10, 9:00 am – Lower Table Rock: Barbara Mumblo, botanist emeritus with the U.S. Forest Service, Siskiyou Mountains Ranger District and member of the Native Plant Society of Oregon, will lead a hike to discover the dazzling array of wildflowers found on the Table Rocks. http://wildflowersabound.eventbrite.com
- Spring in Bloom – Sunday, April 17, 9:00 am – Upper Table Rock: Join Chamise Kramer, avid botanist and Public Affairs Specialist with the Rogue River National Forest, and Molly Allen, BLM Environmental Educator, to explore the valley’s beautiful native flora, wildflowers, and natural history of the Table Rocks. http://springinbloom.eventbrite.com
- Nature on the Rocks – Celebrating 30 Years of Environmental Education – Saturday, April 30, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm – Lower Table Rock: Join us for a fun filled day of activities, hikes, and interactive displays suitable for the entire family. Help us celebrate 30 years of successful community engagement and education on the Table Rocks. Public event, open to all. Please consider carpooling as parking is limited. A shuttle will be offered from Sam’s Valley Elementary parking area to the Lower Table Rock trail throughout the day. NO REGISTRATION NEEDED.
- Beautiful Butterflies & Incredible Insects – Saturday, May 14, 10:00 am – Lower Table Rock: Dr. Peter Schroeder, Entomologist and Affiliate Professor of Biology at Southern Oregon University, will lead a hike to observe and discuss the beautiful butterflies and other incredible insects that live on or flutter by the Table Rocks. On this hike, Peter will help you gain a deeper appreciation for how butterflies and other insects live and their essential role in the environment. http://beautifulbutterflies.eventbrite.com
- Powerful Pollinators – Sunday, May 15, 10:00 am – Upper Table Rock: Find out what all the buzz is about by joining Sarah Red-Laird, a.k.a. Bee Girl, who will explain why pollination is essential for our survival. On this family-friendly hike learn about the birds and the bees and their relationship with the wildflowers and trees that produce a rainbow of colors on the Table Rocks. Limited to 15 individuals. http://powerfulpollinators.eventbrite.com
Thank you for helping us get the word out about these fun, family friendly hikes at the Table Rocks!
CONTACT: Kathleen Kudo – email@example.com
View the full hike schedules: TableRockHikes2016.eventbrite.com